Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hypothetical shopping spree

Being a stay at home mom, I don’t have money to blow on just anything… ever. I get about one hair cut a year, if I’m lucky. I dream of fabulous vacations on islands with clear blue water, sand and palm trees… but I know that’s not going to happen any time soon. I scrimp and save every found parking lot penny, so that I can do something like *gasp* buy a fancy cup of coffee. So you can see that the proposition of a shopping spree could really get the blood flowing.

But the truth is… I don’t really know what I’d do with unlimited funds, just to be spent on pleasure. Honestly, the only thing that comes to mind, is… shoes.

Now, I am by far a shoe connoisseur, I’ve only heard of the magical mystical Manolo Blahnik. I’ve never spent more than $70 on shoes, and those were running shoes.

Nevertheless, there is something so wonderful about a new pair of heels. The way they make your legs look extra shapely and toned. The way that any woman’s foot looks more feminine. The sway in your walk that a pair of heels gives. The way that you can eek out an extra 2-4 inches just by slipping into a pair.

That extra height is probably what does it for me. It’s the difference between hauling out a step stool to kiss my husband or a photo copy machine being at waist height or chest height. The exhilaration I get from those extra inches most definitely makes the pain of wearing them… bearable.

Perhaps, it’s not really the shoes that I’d like to buy with my shopping spree funds, but instead, 2-4 inches!

No comments:

Post a Comment